USA gun protests

Bruce

Maybe the kids protesting are going to achieve something here. In case any of them subscribe to this forum, here is some advice...

1. Up the ante: hold stone-throwing protests outside gun shops and invite the media to be there and compare how the police protect gun shops better than schools.

2. Accuse congressmen of having far better security than the schools . Call them cowards for not scaling their security to match what schools have.

3. The same goes for Trump, only more so. He has about a thousand secret service I guess and schools have maybe one or two old guys.

4. Recycle an old anti vietnam-war chant, slightly modified...

" hey hey NRA, how many kids did you kill today?"

5. Make the police take sides by having protests at congressmen who accepted money from the NRA.

Gosh I wish I was over there and young enough to join in.

• 1 year later...

Here are the Texas Laws:

House Bill 1143  Allows handguns to be kept (out of sight) in locked vehicles in school parking areas.

House Bill 1387  loosens restrictions on how many armed school marshals a school district can appoint.

House Bill 2363 allows some foster homes to store firearms and ammunition in a safe and secure place for personal protection. Proper storage must be followed, the bill says, including putting firearms and ammunition together in the same locked locations.

House Bill 302 bans homeowners or landlords of rental property from prohibiting residents from lawfully possessing, carrying, transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition in the property.

House Bill 1177 prohibits residents from being charged with a crime for carrying a handgun while evacuating from a state or local disaster area.

Senate Bill 535 clarifies the possession of firearms at churches, synagogues or other places of worship. It allows licensed handgun owners to legally carry their weapons in places of worship