Jeeze the bloody Tories ( UK Conservatives ) make me puke. . .

Phil Perry

He made a deal with the NRA and he's sticking to it. That might seem like something of merit, but the problem began when he teamed up with them in the first place. Using military assault weapons is absurd.. What possible valid reason could one conjure up to possess one.? Substitute for manliness?

Today one of the 17 year olds who survived the recent massacre asked Florida Republican Marco Rubio straight out: "On the bodies of the 17 dead, can you promise that you will not take any money from the NRA?"

He wouldn't.

I was driving around casually listening to a central USA 'Net' chat on amateur radio this morning. . . one guy says he's out walking his dogs in the countryside and 'Open Carrying' a Glock 9 in a holster, cos, "you can't be too sure around here". . . .same guy's Wife had just been to a gun Fayre in town with the kids and bought herself a 'Personal' 686 ( that's a six inch frame, six shot revolver which chambers .38 or 357 magnum ). . .for her, 'Handbag' gun. . . Dirty Harry in a handbag ?

The USA gun culture is all pervading. . . .none of the others on that net batted an eyelid regarding this comment. . . when they were originally discussing various VHF mobile Wifi micro nodes. . .

Gun ownership is deeply ingrained into the American psyche. Eight years of President Obama managed NO restrictions nor any background checks on gun purchasers.

As I have said in previous posts, I've been a gun owner both in Australia and the UK, but still have no idea what a 'Civvie' would seriously want with a military grade auto or even semi auto weapon . . .but then the Poms never had the wild west culture to begin with. I was happy to shoot cardboard targets and had no particular wish to end the life of a human being for kicks. Even if I didn't like them much. . .

The USA gun culture is all pervading. . . .

I hope for their sake that it changes. There has to be a tipping point where the endless shootings get too much for most of the population. Hopefully the next generation, like these young people who have lost friends to guns, can organise sufficiently well to counteract the toxic rhetoric coming from the NRA and its bought politicians.

The second amendment was written in a time where rapid fire meant 3 shots a minute from your muzzle-loader. Maybe they should limit gun ownership to those. (You could even have concealed carry, as long as it had a flintlock.)

We do a lot of sh*t wrong over here, but I'm happy we have good gun regulation, even if it sticks in my craw to credit Little Johnny with anything positive.

I speak. . . . . in real time,. . . .. to Yanks every day on Ham Radio. . . .they are of a completely different mindset Nev.. . . .l've asked all the questions discussed here and hereinbefore,. . .and the restriction of gun sales question is always answered by the stock answer of "THAT WOULD BE THE THIN END OF THE WEDGE TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY FROM US" - the Government have always wanted to do this "

They brook no discussion whatsoever on this subject . . . .not even the glowing commonsense facts and other questions exposed by this attitude. . . .

I can only assume that the Yanks as a Race,. . ( if that is really a thing. . ) are all fecking nutcases in this regard. . . . I have a friend who has recently emigrated to Colorado, and he has said it's frightening how many of his new neighbours think that he is a weirdoe for not immediately furnishing himself and his Wife with a bevy of firearms . . . . She was a Cop in London, and never armed in 14 years of service. . .