Carbon Loophole - Why is Wood burning treated as Green Energy

Phil Perry

Prestidigitation, legerdemain, smoke and mirrors.

Interesting to note from that article, that the cut timber has to be heated to dry it out before it can be pelletised. I wonder what the carbon debt of the whole process amounts to. Also I noticed that EU financial grants had been made to widen roads to ease movement of the trucks hauling the logs and pellets. I wonder how many English pounds sealed those roads.

Prestidigitation, legerdemain, smoke and mirrors. 

Interesting to note from that article, that the cut timber has to be heated to dry it out before it can be pelletised. I wonder what the carbon debt of the whole process amounts to. Also I noticed that EU financial grants had been made to widen roads to ease movement of the trucks hauling the logs and pellets. I wonder how many English pounds sealed those roads.

£12 Billion per annum mate,. . I'm sure the EU could afford it out of that small change. . .

IF you grew it to burn it, it is renewable . If you make furniture and structures or leave large areas of forest you have a (temporary) carbon sink. I think generally they will burn more than renewable wood and corrupt the whole process. Nev

Well the article makes it fairly clear that there is no data collected at either end of the deal, so how do they Know that this is a well balanced carbon system ?. . . answer ?. . .They don't. NOR ( apparently ) do they give a donkey's toss about this obvious conundrum as they rubber stamp it all with gay abandon. . .