'Shape - Shifting' Rubber car anyone ?

Phil Perry

When one drives every day in heavy metropolitan traffic and see so many thoughtless decisions (and a lot of them due to the lack of ability to pre-plan for changing situations) you can see that for a lot of people, cars that do the driving themselves would be a God-send.

Imagine being able to travel to work by car and have all that time to text and update your Visagebook.

When one drives every day in heavy metropolitan traffic and see so many thoughtless decisions (and a lot of them due to the lack of ability to pre-plan for changing situations) you can see that for a lot of people, cars that do the driving themselves would be a God-send.

Imagine being able to travel to work by car and have all that time to text and update your Visagebook.

YES BUT. . . .friends of mine who have to work in the city of Londonistanishmogadishu, tell me that road traffic, due to an exponentially increasing population AND as a result of 8 years of Mayor Boris Johnson's BRILLIANT CYCLE LANES, to accommodate his rentable 'BORIS BIKES' restricting the width of the roads everywhere in the capital being reduced to one lane for motorised traffic, you could have plenty of time to consult your Email, Vizibook, instacrap, etc. . and still have only travelled 50 metres in that hour. . . The 'Old Style' London black cab drivers are going bloody nuts that they can no longer make a living. . .what with the massive increase in UBER cars, with largely unlicenced, uninsured immigrant drivers, who mostly can't spikka da inglish and have a nasty habit of raping white English women who are daft enough to use this mobile phone app late at night to get home after a night at the clubs. . . .

When I last went to London, I found that it was better to go by Coach, £19.50 return to/from Birmingham central coach station, against the train, £79.00 return. . .etc. . .rather than drive there and try to park a car ( PARK A CAR ? ? ?ARE YOU MAD ? ? ? Locals have been known to buy a single parking space in the City for over £340,000. . . .)

Sydney's current problem with infrastructure is that massive amounts of it are being built at the moment, alongside or under existing main routes. This not only causes constrictions in the number of pre-existing lanes, but also introduces into the mix 40 tonne tipper/trailer behemoths, the mahouts of which are paid by the number of loads of excavated rock they can shift in a day. Ever shared the road with a massive, four metre high smoke belching juggernaut being driven as if it was a Maserati?

• 2 weeks later...