HIGHLIGHTED words

gareth lacey

ther seems to be in many posts highlighted words that if you click on instantly becomes an ad ,is this advertising othat is paid for or are they spamming? this sitecheers gareth

I don't have that issue.

I suspect you may have a bit of malware that is designed to do exactly that. They are called "smart tags".

A quick Google search gave this as a solution

http://gnwda.org/removesmarttags.htm

I heard of ads that appear for maybe 100th of a second. You read it without knowing it. It could say "buy Rotax" and the next thing you know you are standing glazy eyed next to your plane with a new Rotax in it.

Yep plenty of research to support the fact that flashing a message faster than the brain can consciously register can influence what you may think next. I don't know how successful it has been in commercial enterprises, but certainly from a psychological perspective, you can be primed by information that you don't consciously recall having seen. Discreet brand placement in media is probably the best example of it's use but that is normally more than long enough to register, but discreet enought hat you don't really notice unless you look for it.

Do you mean like THIS?

If yes it is called a hyperlink... the chain looking symbol up at the top of the message box does it... I find it can help with making posts nice and neat and purposeful. Not advertising... Just makes sense to put the hyperlink in if you are say typing the word AIRCRAFT ... rather than add a dedicated webpage link to the page about AIRCRAFT putting it in the hyperlink tidies thing up considerably.

Yep plenty of research to support the fact that flashing a message faster than the brain can consciously register can influence what you may think next. I don't know how successful it has been in commercial enterprises, but certainly from a psychological perspective, you can be primed by information that you don't consciously recall having seen. Discreet brand placement in media is probably the best example of it's use but that is normally more than long enough to register, but discreet enought hat you don't really notice unless you look for it.

Yes, it cant work all the time. If "buy Jabiru engine" came up and put you in a trance, would you rush out to buy a Jab engine? Not even in a trance.spacer.png

Yes, it cant work all the time. If "buy Jabiru engine" came up and put you in a trance, would you rush out to buy a Jab engine? Not even in a trance.spacer.png

Its simple, if you don't like Jabiru don't buy one, for christ sake just stop making digging remarks about products that some of us have poured our life savings into unless you have something constructive to say.......

Its simple, if you don't like Jabiru don't buy one, for christ sake just stop making digging remarks about products that some of us have poured our life savings into unless you have something constructive to say.......

I thought I was saying something constructive and a lot of constructive criticism has already been said. Now it's your turn to say something constructive-convince us doubters that a jab engine is something we should buy. Havn't heard much on the other side.

winser, read post by Sapphire...

I was replying to Sapphire. Not appropriate. I am not a fan of Jab engines but this thread is unrelated.

I suggest he goes back and read or reread the recent thread from Admin on this issue... This is not supposed to be a sxxxfight for people to act like hooligans and try to be funny at the expense of readability.

I am also upset at the tone of some comments on this forum. This is not a Tony Abbott vs Julia Gillard blog where people feel a need to unload backbiting comments. STOP the "she said/he said" type of pro/anti - Jabiru non event. BTW I merely posted my pointer to Sapphire's post for information. Regards, Don

I was hoping the thread would move on to a debate. I have digs of other a/c, in particular the Weedhopper which I think is a great a/c for price and design. However, if they coloured it silver and called it the "Silver Streak", it would come across as a more macho plane. With regard to the Jabiru engine, the main issue is the top end and it's frequent replacements which will probably never be solved. It costs about 6 grand to do the job say every 350 hrs which is 30 grand to get to a major overhaul at 1800 hrs. Rotax is supposed to get around 1200 hrs out of their heads and based on what I read in the forum are about two or three times expensive, and take about $30,000 to 1800 hrs as well. Then the cost of a complete overhaul of a Rotax would be more than a Jab. So cost wise the Jab engine should be cheaper to run, even if it requires more mainentance. Issues like breaking cyl head bolts is not rocket science to solve. Except for the Jab 1600 engine, I would consider one in an a/c that really appealed to me, addressing and repairing those issues like broken bolts and doing frequent leakdown tests. This conclusion is also based on availability of parts which is good for the Jab but going to be non existant for Rotax 447/503 which is in a lot of a/c that appeal to me.

THanks Guys /Gals finally got rid of themcheers gareth

Hey Gareth I have same problem.have had it for about 6 months ,theres a lot of blur highlighted words in all posts when i hover over them a ad pops up and if you click on them it take you to the ad? Ill try a malware scan again.

I use Ubuntu Operating System (no anti-virus etc required) and Google Chrome Web Browser with Pop-up Blocker... All free and haven't had a single problem with any of this stuff since getting rid of the Windows/Microsoft products that used to cause me so much grief.