WE NEED A MUSIC CHANNEL IAN. SOME FINNISH HILLBILLIES PLAY ANGLO-AUSTRALIAN ROCK MUSIC.

Phil Perry

Being a musician myself, I can only say that this is really good. . . .or terrible, . . .depending upon your viewpoint.

Tim Heylbut should love it,. . .being a South Australian 'Country Hillbilly'. . . .( Of sorts. . .) sorry Tim. . . ( Apologies to the lads in AC /DC )

This is me, when I was a musician at Christmas 1962. . . aged Twelve and a harf years. . . . I wish I still had the geetar, but whilst I was in OZ, with me new Wifey, in 1971, until 1983, . . .my two much younger ( Barstard ) Brothers Sold it, and DRANK the proceeds. . . .AND all me photographic gear, ALL me model aircraft stuff, AND all me Hornby model railway stuff. . . .little $hits. . . .( Always denied it they did. . . .)

[ATTACH]48775._xfImport[/ATTACH]

I weren't a bad lookin' lad back then ( as all the ladies on here will no doubt attest of course. . ). .. a real 'Babe Magnet' at school, being the Guitar Hero in the only pop band they'd ever had. . .and the guy who took down Micky Guest, the evil school bully, during a 'Gloves On' grudge fight, proper gloves and rules and all, invigilated by the P.E. teacher and watched by my whole class. . .Can you just imagine a secondary school allowing pugilism like that nowadays ? ? ) with a single [ bloody Lucky ] left hook. . .. . although to be fair, I think he had the 'Glass Jaw' syndrome,. . .I thought I was gonna die for a minute there, he was nearly twice my body mass and taller. ..)

Just consider,. .. If Micky had got a good hit in,. . .Ian wouldn't have had to separate this new site from recreational flying because of all the extraneous crap I've posted for a few yearz. . .? ? ? Jeeeze. . . makes yer think dunnit ?

1618945516_JIM-13yroldversion....thumb.jpg.acacad32cc9ff78c345ced3f61bcdd18.jpg

I was in dispute with a lad twice my size at boarding school. The house master made us put on gloves and fight it out. I ended up blubbing on the floor. I am still trying to work out what the lesson was about. The big kid had pinched my small mates bike.

Commiserations, pmc. I reckon, like you, that my skills were not in fisticuffs. Remember the duel in "those magnificent men" when the guy chose balloons and blunderbusses. Even without something flying, there would have been lots of contests you would have won.

Being a musician myself, I can only say that this is really good. . . .or terrible, . . .depending upon your viewpoint.

Tim Heylbut should love it,. . .being a South Australian 'Country Hillbilly'. . . .( Of sorts. . .) sorry Tim. . . ( Apologies to the lads in AC /DC )

Fantastic.

This is me, when I was a musician at Christmas 1962. . . aged Twelve and a harf years. . . . I wish I still had the geetar,

G`Day Phil,I started a pop band at 15 years of age... I played guitar with three other bands before I gave it away, for more than twenty years, finally picked up a guitar again at forty eight years of age! I still play at home, just for my own satisfaction....Back then, I had a genuine British Fender Stratocaster and how I wish I still had that guitar! these days I play a Fender Squire Stratocaster.

Technology has advanced so much from the sixties that these I play my guitar and computer sound through a Fender Mustang v2 amplifier with "Fender Fuse" software for the Amplifier... I have a program called Vanbasco Karaoke Player for windows,on my computer... I search the net with VanBasco midi search (or other midi search engines) for the midi files I want, I then edit the midis` and they become my backing tracks...No other musos` required...Solo artist often use a similar system, run from a laptop computer.

Frank.

G`Day Phil,I started a pop band at 15 years of age... I played guitar with three other bands before I gave it away, for more than twenty years, finally picked up a guitar again at forty eight years of age! I still play at home, just for my own satisfaction....Back then, I had a genuine British Fender Stratocaster and how I wish I still had that guitar! these days I play a Fender Squire Stratocaster.

Technology has advanced so much from the sixties that these I play my guitar and computer sound through a Fender Mustang v2 amplifier with "Fender Fuse" software for the Amplifier... I have a program called Vanbasco Karaoke Player for windows,on my computer... I search the net with VanBasco midi search (or other midi search engines) for the midi files I want, I then edit the midis` and they become my backing tracks...No other musos` required...Solo artist often use a similar system, run from a laptop computer.

Frank.

Great for home entertainment Frank. . .My ex buiness oppo Stevie, had played in bands since thage of 15 also, and as the band started to thin out, he ond one of the others formed a duo, then finally he went out on his own. He used DAT tapes for backing, ready cued up for each track. He later switched to Minidisc using a similar cue up system. Regrettably, most pubs now want Karaoke and doon't wanna pay an old bloke with a guitar £150 per gig !

He told me yesterday that he was joining another well established local band, with the bass guitarist from the original one. . . His Wife 'Pushed' him into it actually, as she said he just moped around the house in the evenings and was becoming a miserable bugger ! !

I'm going to watch them play in a couple of weeks, they've got 17 tracks rehearsed already, which isn't hard when they are all like minded ex-professionals. Mate Steve plays keyboards but is an excellent rock guitarist too. Should be interesting.

On your 'Stratocaster', I sold a 50th anniversary black one last year, and regretted it ever since ! Still got a couple of accoustics though, one of them is electro. . .

I'm going to watch them play in a couple of weeks, they've got 17 tracks rehearsed already, which isn't hard when they are all like minded ex-professionals. Mate Steve plays keyboards but is an excellent rock guitarist too. Should be interesting.. .

Wet bugger of a day, just taking a break from a couple of hours of Guitar playing so I came back to your post...I`d love to watch also! How about you make a Video and post it here!!!

Last Saturday, Fran and I attended one of our Granddaughter`s wedding...Three piece, mature guys` provided the nights entertainment... Guitarist singer, Drummer and Guitarist: Great music, great night! Had a ball! I played at a lot of functions, when I was a young guy: did a lot of weddings but missed out on a lot of the fun because I and the rest of the band were always providing the music to the fun! Tried to make up for it on Saturday night,though.

One of my neighbours`,John Bennett, is from Liverpool... As a young guy, in the sixties, he played Guitar with a group called, "The Bumblies,Cryin Shame" ( John B, in the Video). Just wondering if you recall the Group?

John, Drifter flying, with me.

[ATTACH]48779._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Frank.

1051157167_JohnintheDrifter.thumb.jpg.23cd4a9a3c09465b468f46df78135aed.jpg