The Shooter's channel.

Phil Perry

. . . .Groan. . . . . . Thank you Gnarly.

Only time I ever went out with the actual intention of hunting Wild Pig was at a place called Wheelbar Bridge I think - early 70s. I tagged along with a bunch of squaddie lads from Pukka. I managed to hit one pig, but the main problem was 1) That the buggers refused to run in a straight line right to left or whatever, to enable a nice easy shot ! They zigzagged out of the scrub and were very quick. . . Difficult to design a range target which simulates that. .

And 2 ) that I was bloody useless with the gun I'd borrowed - my oppo Gary's 3030 lever action 'Cowboy' Winchester.

Great eating though, if you can shoot one which isn't diseased. . .and preferably one that doesn't get up again after being shot, and chase you. . .

Henc'e you need a semi-auto to get the next shot without fumbling with a reloading mechanism.spacesailor

Nah, I reckon a old bolt action .303 bundook would be fine mate,. . .as long as your firing position was very close to an easily climbable tree. . . .

I used my Dad's 303, but when I'd not hit the target accurately, I didn't get a second shot as my tutor fired twice before I had reloaded. Fully auto, Like a machine-gun,

( put the poor animal out of it's pain & onto the dinner menu, (a captain Cook porker)) .

spacesailor

I used my Dad's 303, but when I'd not hit the target accurately, I didn't get a second shot as my tutor fired twice before I had reloaded. Fully auto, Like a machine-gun,( put the poor animal out of it's pain & onto the dinner menu, (a captain Cook porker)) .

spacesailor

Awwww . . .that's not very sporting is it ?. . .I mean, you should at least give the Porcine a sporting chance to rip yer gizzard out for being a crap shooter ?. . .

Pig shootin' with tommy guns ?. . . never in me born days. . . mutter mutter. . . . .

Hey. Was was out Deer-stalking!, who would pass-up a fat porker, I was tapped on the shoulder & allowed to put one & only One bullet in the chamber.

The troop behind were not allowed to have loads in their weapons at all (me included until told to load).

spacesailor