Happy New Year - Info Needed

SrPilot

Joe,

DGL is living in a time warp. For the rest of east coast Australia it would have been 8.30 am when he posted his reply.

For the optimists amongst us, the year is a glass filled to the brim with exciting possibilities, from which we have had but a sip.

Let Mankind progress to a still better world in 2017!

OME

Joe,DGL is living in a time warp. For the rest of east coast Australia it would have been 8.30 am when he posted his reply.

For the optimists amongst us, the year is a glass filled to the brim with exciting possibilities, from which we have had but a sip.

Let Mankind progress to a still better world in 2017!

OME

May it be true, OME!

Joe,It is 7.30am on the 1st January 2016 and dawn has broken much the same as every other day, it's great to be alive and looking forward to the new year...Joe have a great 2016 mate. spacer.png

David

Thanks David. It's amazing to await yet another year in just a few hours.

Don't you listen to OME SrPilot. He lives in the southern part of the country that changes their clocks for some stupid reason like getting more hours of sunlight. Bloody hell we live in Australia who the hell needs more sunlight it will fade the curtains.

Besides here in Queensland our Premier Anistasia is convinced that the sun shines out of her Ar$e and there is no way she is getting up an hour earlier just so we can have an extra hours sunlight.

Don't listen to any of 'em, SrP: we arrived 2 hours ahead of even the easternmost Ozzies.

Though it's widely suggested that we're also 25years behind.

So...wait a minute (counts on fingers)... I can confidently report that 1991 arrived in one piece with an interesting whizzing noise, then the sun came up, and the tide went out and we set to scorching the snarlers...

IBob,

Initially, New Zealand was part of the Colony of New South Wales, and Lieutenant-Governor Hobson, answerable to his superior, was the Governor of New South Wales.[1] By letters patent, the British government issued the Charter for Erecting the Colony of New Zealand on 16 November 1840.[1] The Charter stated that the Colony of New Zealand would be established as a Crown colony separate from New South Wales on 1 July 1841.

There were good relations between the Australian colonies and New Zealand, so much so, that when the Australian colonies were discussing Federation in the 1890s, the Colony of New Zealand was invited to become part of the Federation. You blokes knocked it back. You could have been part of our great Nation. Your dollar would be worth 73 US cents instead of 68. Your cricket team could have played Sheffield Shield, and football would be State of Origin.

OME

Ah c'mon OME - New Zealand is pretty much like us but a lot smarter in many ways.

... here in Queensland our Premier Anistasia is convinced that the sun shines out of her Ar$e and there is no way she is getting up an hour earlier ...

I heard that 30 years ago, but it was said about Joh Bjelke-Petersen. Anyway, I thought the real reason that QLD doesn't want daylight savings is they're afraid the extra hour of sunlight will fade the curtains too much...

Ah c'mon OME - New Zealand is pretty much like us but a lot smarter in many ways...

It pains me to agree with that. I believe that the Kiwis have been quietly beavering away at developing a lot of IT based stuff without blowing their trumpets, and are likely to swamp southeast Asian economies like a rolling maul by the All Black forwards. They are set to become the mouse that roared.

OME

IBob,Initially, New Zealand was part of the Colony of New South Wales, and Lieutenant-Governor Hobson, answerable to his superior, was the Governor of New South Wales.[1] By letters patent, the British government issued the Charter for Erecting the Colony of New Zealand on 16 November 1840.[1] The Charter stated that the Colony of New Zealand would be established as a Crown colony separate from New South Wales on 1 July 1841.

There were good relations between the Australian colonies and New Zealand, so much so, that when the Australian colonies were discussing Federation in the 1890s, the Colony of New Zealand was invited to become part of the Federation. You blokes knocked it back. You could have been part of our great Nation. Your dollar would be worth 73 US cents instead of 68. Your cricket team could have played Sheffield Shield, and football would be State of Origin.

OME

Well, OME, part of me feels as though I should apologise...but I can give you every assurance thatI had absolutely nothing to do with this state of affairs.

Meanwhile, and all levity aside, your reading doesn't quite seem to fit with what has been written down from this end. But it's all water under the bridge now, innit....and a bit early in the year for being quarrelsome...)

Ah c'mon OME - New Zealand is pretty much like us but a lot smarter in many ways.

I heard that 30 years ago, but it was said about Joh Bjelke-Petersen. Anyway, I thought the real reason that QLD doesn't want daylight savings is they're afraid the extra hour of sunlight will fade the curtains too much...

Erm well...we should definitely apologise for Joh B-P: he was a Kiwi from some one-hoss north island town, though he denied it...just as he denied everything and anything that didn't suit him...

It pains me to agree with that. I believe that the Kiwis have been quietly beavering away at developing a lot of IT based stuff without blowing their trumpets, and are likely to swamp southeast Asian economies like a rolling maul by the All Black forwards. They are set to become the mouse that roared.

OME

Oh, hold on just a mo...I also owe OME an apology for questioning his brief history of the antipodes...which does appear to match up, just depends where you happen to be standing.

As for Kiwis, we have watched with horror and embarrassment the propaganda game your ruling folks have been playing, blithely citing NZ as a go ahead sort of place at any point where it suited their aims and policies..........the most recent and obvious being the raising of our PM to near cult status (a position he certainly in no way enjoys here) as a means of casting further aspersions on your own recently departed PM.

Believe me, NZ is small and vulnerable and certainly not roaring ahead. It is lucky only if it does not get caught up in the boom and bust of it's neighbours.

Queensland is correct in its timing of New Year and everything else. Time depends upon where the sun is in the sky at midday and it is still 15 degrees short of noon when the Southern states call it midday.

Posted earlier on this forum

[ATTACH]47818._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.thumb.jpeg.2605a98523a141697a558243b10a52cd.jpeg

The New Year's resolution of every true Australian should be to STAMP OUT DAYLIGHT SAVING.

Daylight Saving, as practiced by you eastern staters (except QLD) is a major contributor to GLOBAL WARMING.

That extra hour of daylight (an increase of approx 10%) causes a significant amout of extra sunlight to shine on this country and generate the extra heat.

You are creating droughts, melting icesheets and starting bushfires. STOP IT.

spacer.png

I find Daylight Saving a pain in the rrs. What is there to enjoy after working in the increasing heat to the hottest part of the day, then battling with thousands of other lemmings heading from the centres of business and industries to the dormitory suburbs on the outskirts of our cities. For those of us in the eastern half of the continent, this return drive home is often made worse by having to be done into a westering Sun.

So hot, tired, blinded and stressed, we finally make it home to a family similarly affected. Who wants to "enjoy a summer's eve" when you are in that condition?

OME

I find Daylight Saving a pain in the rrs. What is there to enjoy after working in the increasing heat to the hottest part of the day, then battling with thousands of other lemmings heading from the centres of business and industries to the dormitory suburbs on the outskirts of our cities. For those of us in the eastern half of the continent, this return drive home is often made worse by having to be done into a westering Sun.

So hot, tired, blinded and stressed, we finally make it home to a family similarly affected. Who wants to "enjoy a summer's eve" when you are in that condition?

OME

Daylight savings annoys me mainly because on the farm we work more to daylight than time and it is surprising how often we get caught out in summer. Especially when we lived out west occasionally after a hard days work we would occasionally duck into town for a feed just before dark to find everything shut even the servo. A quick look at the clock and it would be after 9pm! So we would have to go back home and cook up a feed, yes yes that is what normal people do anyway but we did enjoy our treats every now and then and it was frustrating that everything was shut before dark.