Should any of the Charles Manson Family killers ever get parole?

onetrack

The ABC has run an article covering the Manson killers, in case you need to come up to speed on what they actually did. It always amuses me that so many of these evil killers claim to have found religion, and are therefore rehabilitated and forgiven for their evil acts.

God might forgive them, but many of the relatives whose lives were deeply affected by their evil actions, haven't. And at the end of the day, they still have to serve their allotted earthly penalty, regardless of what version of religion has "transformed" them.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-13/charles-manson-helter-skelter-murders-family-cult-members/102595348

• Like 1

Not many people get 50 years for murder.  To be fair I have no problem whether she stays in prison or not, but if the parole board determined she wasn't a threat to society (which I think they did several times) and she well and truly served her time, then why not. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Well I often seem to disagree with Marty, but not this time. 52 years is a VERY long time. There would be no way that the person now has much in common with the young person locked up. Have another look at the shawshank redemption movie. The part where the old negro says how he would council the young hothead he once was.

I reckon the American sentences are far too long and the pommy ones are better.

• Informative 1