Windows 10 dubious moove?

planedriver

Yes

That is the only problem, if you enable automatic updates it will keep coming back.

Best thing to do is disable automatic updates and the manually check for updates every few days, I prefer to do this anyway as I like to see what is being downloaded as I have had dodgy hardware drivers being updated when there not needed.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know about you guys but after selecting that I want to upgrade I got a box later that asked me if I was ready to download and update. I could put it off for as long as I wanted.

Saying that I did it straight away (I didn't apply for it till late hoping that some of the bugs would be fixed). I have encountered two problems:

1. A continual loading icon constantly flashing on the cursor (had a problem with my fingerprint scanner, really quick fix to this without having to disable it)

2. An error message that told me the start menu and Cortana were having issues (not sure I should be worried about marital problems of my computers AI, but anyways) after much searching found a quick fix to that problem also.

So all in all no problems that weren't an easy fix and slightly better performance than before.

I haven't been able to load Itunes for a few months. To cut a long story short, during a windows update it stuffed itunes. I have tried to upload it and I end up with a Error 7 or 93. So I googled what to do and I uninstalled all the apple programmes in the correct order according to the net. Then tried to re install it. Same thing happens. Now it comes up saying some other crap and I have to reload itunes but it never loads correctly. It is doing my head in. P O S.

So I upgraded to windows 10 and it still wont work.

Download Crap Cleaner and clean out your registry, most likelly registry strings corrupted.

I have a IT tech who lives two doors down, he spent a few hours on it yesterday. There is a hidden file somewhere which is stopping the Apple mobile device from starting. I am currently transferring most of my files to one drive ( or what ever it is called) . Then he is going to wipe the computor and we will start again.

He thinks Norton 360 is the cause. I don't use my lap top much. I use my Ipad. It isnt a simple fix.

Norton would have to be the main cause of all our PC related problems over the last few years. Getting it uninstalled and then getting them to stop sending us bills was a headache but now we use trend micro and haven't had any problems since.

When with norton we had to get onto their help centre at least once a year to sort out problems that Norton was causing.

Happy again!spacer.png

I was playing around with settings etc; a short while ago and came across a bit which said revert back to windows 7.

This can be done during the first month of downloading it apparently. So I hit the button.

I now have all my programs back including Flightsim X, which was nowhere to be found despite much searching, plus lots more.

For anyone not happy with windows 10, there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Yeeee Ha!spacer.png

I haven't been able to load Itunes for a few months.

Is that a bad thing?? (Sorry, starting to sound like a linux user there!!))

IF you have grief with I tunes, mediamonkey used to be a good replacement. I dont use mediamonkey anymore because I have a paid spotify subscription, but it was a good product back when I did use it. Might be worth a try.

Is that a bad thing?? (Sorry, starting to sound like a linux user there!!))

IF you have grief with I tunes, mediamonkey used to be a good replacement. I dont use mediamonkey anymore because I have a paid spotify subscription, but it was a good product back when I did use it. Might be worth a try.

I downloaded mediamonkey but it said that it downloaded with parts missing because I dont have ITunes and I am trying to upload onto my Iphone 5, if I had anAndroid, it would probably be no problem . It found my itune files which is 6.2 gig worth on my computor . I also tried Phillips songbird, but similar problem.

I downloaded mediamonkey but it said that it downloaded with parts missing because I dont have ITunes and I am trying to upload onto my Iphone 5, if I had anAndroid, it would probably be no problem . It found my itune files which is 6.2 gig worth on my computor . I also tried Phillips songbird, but similar problem.

I better add, Itunes is installing but it wont run because it doesnt recognise a mobile media device. My IT Guy has been at uni so it will take afew days to fix it. But I have completed transferring all of my important data. So all we have to do is start again. One problem though, my windows product key sticker stuck under my Laptop is worn to the point that not all the numbers or letters can be made out.

I better add, Itunes is installing but it wont run because it doesnt recognise a mobile media device. My IT Guy has been at uni so it will take afew days to fix it. But I have completed transferring all of my important data. So all we have to do is start again. One problem though, my windows product key sticker stuck under my Laptop is worn to the point that not all the numbers or letters can be made out.

Download Magic JellyBean and it will read your product key.

https://www.magicaljellybean.com

Bit like a new plane, get familiar with the controls before you take off and it's pretty good.

Still using XL. I have seen Windows 8 and thought it was rubbish. Similar to canon for printers. Wouldn't touch them again.

I think Yenn is looking out of a different set of Windows: XL windows. Perhaps this XL?

[ATTACH]47693._xfImport[/ATTACH]

880802127_SavannahXLinAustralia.thumb.jpg.75cd33fa04b9beaa9e6c6302724cab96.jpg