Looking for apartment in Canberra

Admin

I have obtained a position with a Government Agency in Canberra and I start on Monday the 16th March, 6 month+ contract so I was wondering whether anyone here would happen to have a 1 bedroom apartment available for rent in Canberra. Better to help someone here first than to go to the agents.

If so please let me know ASAP, thanks

Thanks Don, I remember one time when the family and I went there for a visit many years ago and we stayed at a caravan park in one of their units. We woke up in the morning, couldn't have a shower, no water to make a coffee...all the water had frozen in the pipes. The caravan park owner had to come over with an industrial size hair dryer to heat the pipes up. I was dying for a coffee by the time he had got the water flowing again.

I lived in Wagga for a couple of years and still remember the winters. The time before last I was in Canberra I had ridden in on my motorbike en route to Phillip Is. That would have made it mid October. I stayed at a motel overnight and the next morning when I staggered outside it was zero degrees Celsius. Jumped on the bike and road to Cooma. As you might expect Cooma was even bloody colder.

Oh well, now I go by air with a nice litle CO heated cockpit spacer.png.

Well, I am in Canberra now and staying in an apartment 100 meters from the Air Services building, no I am not working for them, but this apartment is only for short term until I find a cheaper one but work is paying for a week in this one.

If anyone reading this is in Canberra, let me know and perhaps we can hook up for a drink some time...what else is there to do in Canberra

Well, I am in Canberra now and staying in an apartment 100 meters from the Air Services building, no I am not working for them, but this apartment is only for short term until I find a cheaper one but work is paying for a week in this one.

If anyone reading this is in Canberra, let me know and perhaps we can hook up for a drink some time...what else is there to do in Canberra

Hi Ian,

If you're after an activity tonight the Canberra Aero Club's running a little information evening. They run them monthly and get different people to talk - tonight Teraya from Canberra Aviation is giving a talk on CTAF's and Maintenance Releases etc. They're only short sessions but might be a good chance to meet some local aviators. I plan to be there if i can get away from work in Goulburn on time... Aero Club also runs drinkies on a regular basis - details on their website.

Info at: http://canberra-aeroclub.com.au/cac/index.php/entry/pilot-information-night-tuesday-17th-march-6pm

Also - there's a BBQ up the road at Goulburn (about 1 hour) on the first Saturday of every month (although April's will be second Saturday due to Easter) at the Goulburn Aviation hanger. All are welcome there.

• 4 weeks later...