Kiss your arxe goodbye…

pmccarthy

I want to put in a word for cockroaches - they're copping some bad rap. Basically, they're just everyday insects who happen to like eating the exact same foods as we do.

No-one has ever died from a cockroach bite - in fact I've never even heard of anyone being bitten by a cockroach. They have survived for a reported 360 million years, and it's been said they will survive a nuclear holocaust.

Their name is applied, most unfortunately, to people who are regarded as creepy and evil scumbags. The cockroaches are upset about this - how would you like your name used as a derogatory term?

Cockroaches in nature provide food for birds and other predators, and cockroaches pollinate plants as they crawl through them. They also eat a lot of decaying rubbish laying on top of the soil, and turn it into nitrogen-rich compost.

Cockroach legs have an incredibly efficient design, and researchers study them so they can design better prosthetics for humans. Cockroach wings and exoskeletons are providing a useful research area for robotic design.

I think the poor old cockroaches deserve better. Think more carefully again, before you call someone a "cockroach".  :cheezy grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2