Top 5 Retirement Locations

Jerry_Atrick

Jerry, the suburbs of Perth extend almost continuously South, to well South of Mandurah. People here spread out along  the coast to get the more moderate climate.

Go 70 kms inland and you start to get more heat during the day, more cold at night (about 3 to 4°C on average, both ways) - and more flies. The flies can be extremely annoying, and they are in much bigger numbers inland, because of agricultural activities.

Mandurah is to Perth like the Gold Coast is to Brisbane - without the high rise. I would suggest you might like to look at areas between Mandurah and Bunbury - or even Bunbury itself. 

I'm not sure what size of property you're looking at - that will have a big effect on what you can afford to buy. Once outside the major suburbs of Perth, you get "rural residential" blocks, which can be between 1 and 10 acres, and which give you a more rural feel.

11 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

True, but at leastit gives a good guide of where to tour to...  I do recall as a young bloke haveing a discussion amongst work colleagues of what to look fore in a mate.. Of those I keep in touch with, few followed their own advice..

A whole other topic to delve into; what makes a great partnership?

My motorcycling mates from student days all stayed with the one they first married.

I suspect a wild youth is good foundations for a stable life.

• Agree 1