Covid-19 ... The stuff I ordered hasn't been delivered yet!!!!

old man emu

...having problems with their wharehouse ...

Is that like a really BIG knocking shop? Or just where they keep the girls when they're not working?

Yes Rivers have been known to source their goods from the cheapest possible place, ie Bangladesh. Wouldn't surprise me that they're trying to screw over the poorest workers.

Edited by Guest

I have tried plenty of different boots for bushwalking. Some are very comfortable, very expensive and fall to pieces in 2 years. Some others are expensive and fall to pieces in 6 months. None are really waterproof, although they advertise and charge as if they are. One good thing is that if the fall apart really quickly it only takes about a month to get your money back.

My feet fit Rivers boots, the price is good, I know they are not waterproof, but they respond to neatsfoot oil well.

Going on line and seeking info about boots always leads to a couple of brands, which I consider are poor being touted as the best. Of course they are also the most expensive.

My big grouse is that an Australian company should be paying for what it contracts to buy, and paying on time.

• Sad 1

A lot of boots nowdays have gel cushion implants in the heels. After a certain amount of time, the gel gives up the ghost and the heels fall to pieces. As a result, the soles of expensive boots don't last any longer than cheap ones, so the difference can come down to durability of uppers and comfort.

With the newer heels, you will put your boots on one day and it's just like the air has been let out of the tyres.

• Like 1

I've found that Colorado footwear make value for money footwear - long wearing and sturdy. I've got a pair of Jerusalem Joggers that I must have bought over 15 years ago that are not showing signs of wear yet. I've also got a pair of dress boots that are not quite so old, but have only needed a re-heel. Trouble is, I haven't bought any footwear from them for ages, so I can't comment on their current quality. The wife buys Colorado, too, and her latest purchases seem to be maintaining the quality.