What`s the weather like where you are? How is it affecting you?

farri

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Kaz! I love it. All the best to you also.spacer.png Come to think of it! Can`t be too many old Auster pilots left either. spacer.pngFrank

Frank, every Auster pilot I know is old!

It takes that long to learn to fly them that by the time you learn to do it properly you are already at an age where you have started to forget what it was you did learn .....spacer.png

Kaz

If I meet up with one of those channel 7 or 8 idiot dumb arse reporters, things might get interesting....

They are salivating at their chances to repeat same ol, same ol brain dead questions...

When do you think it might hit the coast

Where do you think it might go

If the power goes off, how long before it comes on again

What will you do during the blast

Do you think it might get more serious

Then they get onto .....the tidal surge.....O for christs sake,

How high do you think it might be

Bla,bla,bla

Throw away your microphones tossers, grab a shovel, and help fill some sandbags, do something to HELP, barging into folks lives, shoving your microphone into their face ain,t helping.

Mate runs a motel at cooktown, he rang this morning ( sat ph ) letting us know they were Ok,

He said one crew were whinging to him because he did not have backup power for the motel, he said, no need, we got gas kitchen, gas hot water, and plenty of candles etc for light, and enough standby food to feed an army. City slicker reporters....pathetic.

My rain gauge tells me we`ve had 228 mm since 9 am today and it continues to rain.

Ita is now a category 1 system! still strong enough to cause severe damage,especially to the Banana industry. Here at home we`ll get the full force of it overnight, then it`s expected to go back out to sea tomorrow morning, around Innisfail then track south,not far off the coast.

The latest tracking map has Ita remaining at category 1 and traveling down as far as Rockhampton.

Frank.

Cyclone Ita gone. No big deal for us here at home. The Drifter was securely tied down on the home strip.

I took these photos yesterday afternoon. Later I took up one of my neighbors who wanted some photos.

Main strip.

[ATTACH]47435._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Home Strip.

[ATTACH]47436._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47437._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Frank.

289398125_Mainstrip(Large).thumb.jpg.15e248412f85ee82c0ddf28721e8603d.jpg

462559759_HomeStrip.(Large).thumb.jpg.153394ad17094060c1736d254b1942ac.jpg

399545306_P1010019(Large).thumb.JPG.65cbeefcb041cd35a3a4e99cc4cfbbaf.JPG