Unusual sights from the air

planedriver

Another one from just south of Old Bar. It's good for a laugh when you tell the pax to spot the shark. They get frustrated when they can't see it in the water.[ATTACH=full]22973[/ATTACH]Cheers Scotty

Holy mackerel there are some dangerous places to live up there, we've had whales beaching themselves, now we have sharks landing themselves. spacer.png.

Alan.

Guest Deskpilot1

Not here but in the UK.

[ATTACH]47396._xfImport[/ATTACH] Across the road from the now demolished RAF Yatesbury in Wiltshire. As a younf RAF trainee, I used to run up and down those hills. One day, the horse developed an RAF roundel on it belly. Not me, I was in the groupe that decided to blown up the monument . It was there for any reason other than to mark some past land owners land. We never did, obviously, but boy, would that have caused a storm if we had. Up close, they're both huge.

Never saw any aliens there but it was widely acknowledged that a ghostly bomber is to be seen returning, and crashing, where once the old runway was situated.

159454899_AdifferentviewofYatesbury.thumb.jpeg.02ac76d686700ec74b5f8c950bdd20a0.jpeg

I found the coordinates for 'Marree Man' in South Austalia, but time and weather have done their thing so the image on Google earth can't be seen unless you use old data.

Check it out here 29 32' 03.76" S, 137 28' 05.08" E if you are interested.

Pud

This photo taken by JG3 is one of the most incredible things I have seen photographed in Australia, https://picasaweb.google.com/woblywallaby/WestAustraliaTrip?authkey=Gv1sRgCJbzvM23iO6-vgE#5616927086484502818, I have talked to a few people about it but never got close to a satisfactory answer. Always think to ask John on the way home after having seen him.

This photo taken by JG3 is one of the most incredible things I have seen photographed in Australia, https://picasaweb.google.com/woblywallaby/WestAustraliaTrip?authkey=Gv1sRgCJbzvM23iO6-vgE#5616927086484502818, I have talked to a few people about it but never got close to asatisfactory answer. Always think to ask John on the way home after having seen him.

I reckon someone's had a go at farming there

Thanks guys, this thread is kicking along ok as i'd hoped.

Liked the one of the tornado path Rob, good job it wasn't a bit further south eh?

DP's one in Wiltshire bought back memories, won't say anymore, in case the chick is still waiting for me at the top of the hill, or her father with his shot-gun:peep wall: .

Great stuff, keep e'm coming.

I did something similar in my Dad's worn out 200B on the gravel carparks in front of USQ in Toowoomba back in the early eighties too but there wasn't any grass growing over my handy work. I wondered if they were cores taken at different depths down a test bore, working out from the middle.

I wondered if they were cores taken at different depths down a test bore, working out from the middle.

Nope (ex-Mitchells Drilling coring rig 19 offsider here).

Trust me, just some bored road workers (or farmer), those areas drive you crazy.

go to this google earth location and it it doesnt come up go to historical imagery and select 12/2003

When you look at this one, swing up a couple of nm to the north west to Alconbury airport (presumably where the bomber was headed) and have a look at the western end of the runway. Trusting souls... spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deskpilot1
DP's one in Wiltshire bought back memories, won't say anymore, in case the chick is still waiting for me at the top of the hill, or her father with his shot-gun:peep wall: .

Great stuff, keep e'm coming.

Her name wasn't Pearl by any chance was it? When were you there?

No Doug. I was there several years leading up to about 1978'

Her father didn't own a shotgun as it turned out, but he was a shortish council worker built like the proverbial s***house, and was an all-in wrestler in the evenings:peep wall:

Kind Rgds,

Planey

PS do you have a daughter named Pearl then?spacer.png, if you did, it wasn't me who was to blame!

Guest Deskpilot1

No, not my daughter Planey. I was there several times but before your time.

Junior Technician (J/T) course completed below

[ATTACH]47403._xfImport[/ATTACH]

That's me 2nd from the left. The guy 2nd from the right is the one that fled the shotgun. Mind you, he wasn't the first and definitely not the last.

Camp bike comes to mind.spacer.png

1594530837_FittersCourseGraduation.thumb.JPG.f282d5b14cc2c1f834b1f62deddbf736.JPG