International Womans Day

Admin

I posted a pretty sarcastic thing in the Funnies Thread yesterday( Quickies). It must have been pretty crook, cause not one of Phil, Jerry or Red fired back.

However, imagine my surprise when I got to the Letters page of today's Sydney Daily Telegraph and found a number of letters consistent with the feeling of my post. There was even one letter asking when International Men's Day was - 29th February. If raining, will be held in the School of Arts.

It seems that men are happy to accept women as equals, but women want to become superior.

To be honest, I had no idea of international womens day, mens day or dog day. Firstly, partners/wives/etc expect to be treated as special everyday - so why would 8th March be any different? Also, it appears, in addition to the Steak and Gobble day as well as Feb 29th (?) there is an international mens day in November: Comedian raises £80,000 by helping angry men who want to know when International Men's Day is

What makes me laugh is who decrees these days and what authority do they have over society to impose it and get the press to blab about it?

Our family must be stuck in the dark ages - we don't know any of this and have heard of Valentines day, but are unsure when it is and what its for...

(@old man emu, just saw your post in quickies - welcome to my world).

OBJECTIVES OF INTERNATIONAL MEN'S DAY

The 6 Pillars of International Men's Day

1. To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but everyday, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.

2. To celebrate men's positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.

3. To focus on men's health and well being; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.

4. To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law

5. To improve gender relations and promote gender equality

6. To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential..