Need help - driving Darwin - Sydney.

flying dog

Another quite different plan would be to take the plane tour. Pick up Victoria, Cooberpedy, The rock, Giles, Newman, Coral Bay, Meekathara, Kalgoolie, Eucla, Port Lincoln, Goolwa, home.

Takes in spectacular national parks and aboriginal community stops. 14day trip, about 30 hours flying only.

I am tagging along, sorry my plane is full. Could still be seats available in the 206's

well woth the $$

I can give you a contact number if interested

I reckon two days at the rock is max unless you are loaded and take the air tours from there, otherwise just hang around the dingos and drink beer, take some pics.

Phil

Alice Springs is the major airport. Have you considered booking on a bus?. It may stop at some interesting places and it's not stressfull. ( Could be boring). If you have time and can access a camper that enables you to be flexible as to where you stop and stay. and how long in each place. It IS an opportunity to experience the inland. the more research and planning you put in the more you will get out of it. The plane (amazingly) is probably the cheapest, but you see practically nothing. Nev