3 seats WA one nation

storchy neil

It's half what she was expecting.

If I'd spent months boasting to everyone that I was so good I was absolutely going to win 6 medals or even more, then barely scraped in with 3, I'd go and hide under a rock because clearly I was only half as good as I told everyone I was.

so where to now

That's the question. I wouldn't trust her to get an order of fish & chips right, much less be a senator, and the people she surrounds herself seem to be equally as moronic. Hopefully her supporters will realise how useless she is and not repeat their voting mistake next time.

It's half what she was expecting.

If I'd spent months boasting to everyone that I was so good I was absolutely going to win 6 medals or even more, then barely scraped in with 3, I'd go and hide under a rock because clearly I was only half as good as I told everyone I was.

.. and yet 1000s of Independents with great policies and hearts of gold can't even get a couple of hundred votes. And if by some miracle they do get in, very rare, they prostitute themselves out to Labor or Liberals.

.. and yet 1000s of Independents with great policies and hearts of gold can't even get a couple of hundred votes. And if by some miracle they do get in, very rare, they prostitute themselves out to Labor or Liberals.

Well... kind of... but now, and even more in the future, the cross benchers hold a disproportionate amount of power. Whenever the major parties are finely balanced your independent - or bloc of independents - have far more influence and bargaining power than an equivalent number of members of the major parties.

• 2 weeks later...

So Pauline has spit the dummy and reckons all journalists are "out for her scalp".

Sounding more and more like Trump every day!

Trouble is, when pollies avoid the traditional media and go to social media, they have no one keeping them honest.

If you don't like being picked on Pauline... then check your "facts" before you open your gob.

IF you aren't nice to me I'll get my dad/ big brother to beat you up. Blackmail is their game. SHE can accuse others of all the $#!t around but don't touch or question her. Most of her candidates are the ones who are judging her. The ones she uses to fund the show with voter numbers linked money. Any sympathy I could have had for her is vanished. She has all the makings of a paranoid dictator. PH's ONP. SHE owns it and "do what I say or leave MY party". Bit like Trump of "you're fired" fame. Nev

IF you aren't nice to me I'll get my dad/ big brother to beat you up. Blackmail is their game. SHE can accuse others of all the $#!t around but don't touch or question her. Most of her candidates are the ones who are judging her. The ones she uses to fund the show with voter numbers linked money. Any sympathy I could have had for her is vanished. She has all the makings of a paranoid dictator. PH's ONP. SHE owns it and "do what I say or leave MY party". Bit like Trump of "you're fired" fame. Nev

Nev, all well and fine, but tell me which leader of which Party isn't the same thanks?

How many great people have we seen forced to toe the Lib or Lab Party line over the years even though we know damn well that's not their personal stand?

How many times has Lib or Lab blocked something that's for the best of the Country because of the Party line?

I have no problem with people bagging One Nation, I have a problem with the lack of balance.

It's not Hanson or One Nations fault in anyway that Australia is in the state it is currently, that belongs to Labor and Liberal, and while the bollshot keeps on about Hanson, they will continue to do so while everybody is looking at Hanson, they love her being there.

General Public: "I'm worried about the National Debt and unemployment!"

Media and Labor/Liberal and Marty "oh look over there, Hanson's being a racist again!"

General Public: "Oh yeah she is, errr, what were we just talking about just before again? Not important, Hanson you suck!"

Part of the problem, here in Melbourne at least, is the Asian buyers with plenty of cash pushing house prices through the roof. Ordinary four bedroom houses in our neighbourhood now go for $900,000 to $1.4 million. blocks of apartments Parade St Kilda which are owned by Asians, and have been empty for 5 years or more.

Exactly what Hanson was pushing agaisnt 20 years ago but no one would listen to the "Racist".

No one actually listened to what she was saying in context, and now I know most of those Asians were criminals escaping China with millions of stolen State money, that's why they gave little toss to the prices. And now my kids are suffering the huge increases in prices, thanks to the ignorant, Lefty bigots.

To use an already-overused saying, we (the voting public) can walk and chew gum at the same time.

We can deplore Hanson for being deplorable, while also keeping the other b*stards honest.

It's not Hanson or One Nations fault in anyway that Australia is in the state it is currently

What state are we in?

And now my kids are suffering the huge increases in prices, thanks to the ignorant, Lefty bigots.

Nothing to do with negative gearing and capital gains discounts, which the "Lefty bigots" are trying to change and the RWNJ's won't even consider.

Nothing to do with banks lending out interest-only loans by the thousand.

Come on Bex, you're better than this.

Without taking inflation into account capital gain is based on a false value. How are you better off to sell a house and buy another in the same cost structure, IF you pay for a perceived capital gain? You only replace what you have sold if you move houses to get a new job. (something we are always being told to do.) With the taxes and agent's fees you would wipe out most of a years wages (take home) In any other asset it's portable. Rates and maintenance/insurance are ever increasing also. A house is out of date after 20 years . The LAND is the main asset because of the EXPANDING area it is a static part of it increases in value, but you may as well NOT own it. IF the government want it, you can't keep it. IF you are in the business of buying and selling houses you would pay tax on total Nett profit. ALL costs would be allowed. If the family house is taxed a similar process should be allowed otherwise you are selectively treated badly. That includes interest etc and IF you made a loss you can carry it forward , like any other business. Has anyone mentioned THIS aspect of it? I haven't heard so. Nev