Who's working for themselves

Mark11

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH]47378._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Get yourself a miners hat and form a $2 company. Enlist on the stock exchange where the value of each share would be about 2 cents. Between you and a trustworthy friend buy and sell shares to each other giving the image on the exchange that investors are clammering to buy into your company. Put out false announcements that a big strike is about to be made. Organize regular capital raisings promising big future returns. By now the value of the stock has gone up to maybe 10 cent. How is the time to sell the shares you bought before at 2 cents. Let the dust settle and do the whole thing over again conning new "investors".

spacer.png This formula applies equally well to a 'dot-com' business. I will illustrate this by changing a few key words to adapt the plan:

Get yourself a miners hat nerdy haircut, an Intel t-shirt and torn jeans and form a $2 company. Enlist on the stock exchange where the value of each share would be about 2 cents. Between you and a trustworthy friend buy and sell shares to each other giving the image on the exchange that investors are clammering to buy into your company. Put out false announcements that a big strike is about to be made you are on the cusp of developing an amazing computer program that will revolutionise the world. Organize regular capital raisings promising big future returns. By now the value of the stock has gone up to maybe 10 cent. How is the time to sell the shares you bought before at 2 cents. Let the dust settle and do the whole thing over again conning new "investors".

spacer.png Now you have two options!

intel-inside.thumb.png.0a772bf75122cc2788530d2468399de8.png

Get yourself a miners hat and form a $2 company. Enlist on the stock exchange where the value of each share would be about 2 cents. Between you and a trustworthy friend buy and sell shares to each other giving the image on the exchange that investors are clammering to buy into your company. Put out false announcements that a big strike is about to be made. Organize regular capital raisings promising big future returns. By now the value of the stock has gone up to maybe 10 cent. How is the time to sell the shares you bought before at 2 cents. Let the dust settle and do the whole thing over again conning new "investors".

That's step 1

Step 2 - Go to jail - they already thought about you mining magnates

MArk11A business plan will tell you everything you want to know. The plan is more important than the concept.

Love all the suggestions..

I haven't written a proper business plan (nor do I know fully how to ... But I did download a template )

When I tried filling out the expected sales etc, its All guesswork!

What I need is someone (in business) to review it and let me know if I should rip it up

Problem is, I have 4 or 5 business ideas... And not sure which one is the winner !

That's step 1Step 2 - Go to jail - they already thought about you mining magnates

They don't go to jail. They just take over the goverment and oust the present leader at the same time bellowing financial ruin if the mining tax was implimented. Look again to see who is calling the shots. Same problem in America-O'bama dancing to the tune of financial institutions.

Alan bond is pretty good at making something from nothing!!!

And he went to jail for it too. Then took up lecturing to the inmates on financial planning as a sideline while he was there. Eventually left prison in a Merc when they let him out to start all over again. He did win us the Americas Cup though (even if it was with OPM - other people's money), so I suppose he must have been OK. I shared a lift with him once in our building. Didn't do me any good, though - I'm still working.

rgmwa

And he went to jail for it too. Then took up lecturing to the inmates on financial planning as a sideline while he was there. Eventually left prison in a Merc when they let him out to start all over again. He did win us the Americas Cup though (even if it was with OPM - other people's money), so I suppose he must have been OK. I shared a lift with him once in our building. Didn't do me any good, though - I'm still working.rgmwa

LOL...

Bankers are all to keen to throw more doe his way hoping to ride a new wave... His best strength isvgettingnothersvto believe in him!

I wonder what they will say when I ask!!

Taking everyones ideas on board, here is the new years resolution.

ill start 5 businesses

1st - a dating website - covering everything from casual affairs to serious love seekers. That will bring in the cash to fund the next idea.

2nd - a website that allows people to connect and get together to work on a project they are doing ... Call it "lets_get_together" - bit like this forum helping get business ideas together or building a plane etc but much better than facebook

3rd - an app that gives you a cute pet (of your choice) to feed and love

4th - an online shop that sells thongs, beach gear (equivalent to rip curl etc) and copy Lorna Jane PT clothes

5th - a new aircraft construction company along the lines of the Icon A5... You can already place a deposit... Once we have 100 orders at $25k each, I'll let you know what your getting!!

I couldn't add the 6th cause I don't know enough about mining, but we could sell bottled rainwater from Tasmania! (Summer is coming)

Who wants to invest.... Get in early before you miss out... Share only $10 each... Limited tom1 million shares

Regards

Mark

Good topic Mark11,

My take on it is that you can make all the business plans you want, do all the research, develop the app (or whatever it is you want to do). But don't forget you have to be 'at the work face' each and every day, because that is what keeps the money coming in. Neglect this at your peril!

Pud

Take look at this video watch the whole thing

This a idea that will make these guys millions...mind you he has that already. The Kickstart website is a website that you float your ideas on and people pledge money to support it to get it up and going and usually you get something that the idea is as a product when it is finished. You will see the money the guys wanted was $100,000 to get started but got so many subscribers they had to close it off at 1.3 MILLION......13 times over subscribed...and it a couple of aussies out of melbourne doing it

Mark

I wouldn't be too optimistic about that idea - they haven't made anything new, there are plenty of LED bulbs (for example http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=2314207011)

All they've done is added wifi and mobile phone control to it.

Considering they're advertising it as energy saving device, adding useless gimmicks seems counterproductive (at least for me).

Also it looks like they're riding on the smartphone / tablet hype, which like all the previous tech related (.com, etc) hypes should pass pretty quickly.

I'm not saying Kickstarter is a bad idea, but it will get saturated pretty quickly with thousands of projects, most of which are pretty pointless or have no chance of success.

Zibi

The idea is based on a APP..as stated before in this thread....they have used the app idea and combined it with some hardware and some nice protocol via the wifi.....I think these guys will sell a motza of them.....a lot of good money making ideas are just a reinvention or update of the original wheel...you just have to find the right type of wheel