Post Plain Packaging Aussie Tobacco Sales Up 0.5%

Phil Perry

spacer.png

Despite claims to the contrary, following the introduction of plain packaging for cigarettes in Australia, tobacco sales increased by 0.5%. Sales were declining by 5.4% per year in the years before plain packaging was introduced…

The Australian figures will come as an embarrassment for the puritanical British MPs who bulldozed through standardised packaging legislation in March this year. Forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest…

( From Guido Fawkes Blogsite ( order-order.com )

Is this really TRUE ? - - - or another bit of misinformation from the Baccy Industry ? COuldn't find a backup link to read. . . .

After the current recess, Parliament to discuss tabling a motion to have smoking ( And vapourisationing ) banned from outside Commercial buildings, Hotels, Restaurants and cafes, Pubs, Parks, and any public open spaces.

Some pubs / eateries still allow "Vaping" indoors, on a voluntary basis, but that is to end soon also.

More rubbish, sales dropped after the packs where introduced

Yeah, that's what I figured FT,. . . this was a "HEADLINE" on Guido's blog,. . . but "AutoSUS" when there are no links on the page. . . .

I'd rather see some stats from a "Respected" source,. . ( not many of those around )

The only unknown and difficult to compile statistic will be regarding the fact that plain packed fags and baccy will be a GOLDMINE to the counterfeiters, so that a true picture of the rate of consumption will not be truly known. We have thousands of beer shops all over the country selling knockoff tobacco products under the counter, but since HM Customs & Excise are extremely timid investigating businesses which are located in high density Asian communities, the true facts will probably never emerge.

I wouldn't be over surprised if this goes on in Australia also to a certain extent, although it is very easy to smuggle stuff from French ports, as the security is all taken up looking for smuggled People instead. . .

spacer.png

Despite claims to the contrary, following the introduction of plain packaging for cigarettes in Australia, tobacco sales increased by 0.5%. Sales were declining by 5.4% per year in the years before plain packaging was introduced…

The Australian figures will come as an embarrassment for the puritanical British MPs who bulldozed through standardised packaging legislation in March this year. Forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest…

( From Guido Fawkes Blogsite ( order-order.com )

Is this really TRUE ? - - - or another bit of misinformation from the Baccy Industry ? COuldn't find a backup link to read. . . .

Or the fag companies using their marketing and legal budgets (both huge) to forward sell to wholesalers to keep the figures high. The survey was done by / at the behest of the fag companies - henceforth to be known as faggots.

If you really need to smoke go and live in Russia...20 ciggies will cost you around 2 aussie $...smoke till you drop...I brought back 2 cartons for my brother in law when we came back from Russia to the UK...he was very happy...

David