Hitler - A Man's Man before he became a Monster.

old man emu

In 1923, Germany failed to deliver to France and Belgium the wood and coal that formed part of the value of the annual reparation payment. Those two countries marched troops into the Ruhr and occupied it. I was watching a video of this (which I can't find now) and saw a French military officer assaulting Germans for not saluting him as he went past. When I saw that, I thought that someone had spliced in a film of German soldier doing it to a Frenchman in 1941. 

If you look at what France did after WWI under the guise of the Treaty of Versailles, you will soon get the impression that France sowed the seeds for the rise of right wing extremism in Germany, as well as fomenting the situation in Palestine that rages a hundred years later. Perfidious Albion?  What about la France trompeuse - deceitful France?

• Informative 1

Spacey,

The Frech word for a lorry is "camion"

The meaning of lorry

The lorry meaning originates from the verb, ‘lurry’ - meaning to lug or pull about. Reports suggest that this dates back to the 16th century. The word, lorry was first used in Britain to categorise a low-loading trolley, pulled by a horse-drawn vehicle to carry other vehicles and large loads. Lorry was also used to describe a freight carrying rail car. These are likely to have been the first transport lorries. Print records indicate that the lorry definition was first mentioned in 1911, as a ‘large motor vehicle used to carry cargo.’

Origin of the word truck

The word truck in British English first appeared in 1611 and meant, ‘small wheel or roller.’ These small wheels were used to support warship cannons. Truck is a shortened form of the word, ‘truckle,’ meaning, C15 trokel, from Anglo-Norman trocle, from Latin trochlea sheave of a pulley This originates from the Latin, ‘trochlea’ - translating to ‘pulley.’ 

FM 55-17 Chapter 6 Block and Tackle, Wire Rope, and Marlinespike Seamanship

The meaning of truck was first recognised in print in 1774 to describe a ‘wheeled vehicle used for transporting heavy items.’ 

• Informative 1

Hitler !

" Ferdinand Porsche (left) amuses German dictator Adolf Hitler by showing him,
 a model for the Volkswagen car where the engine is in the rear, also known as the “boot.” 
The Volkswagen company was founded on May 28, 1937 by the German Labour Front,
 a Nazi labour union ".

Dam Good Car.

spacesailor

_HitlerCar_Getty2672962.jpg