More Trump rhetoric about 'Syria Planning another chemical attack'

Phil Perry

A view of Trump's bizarre missile attack on the alleged perpetrators of the chemical attack in Syria. This article published in Die Welt is written by an anti-Trumpist, but is interesting in view of the opinions expressed on GP that Trump was pushed into making the attack by the establishment. I don't know what to believe, perhaps neither side in the argument. . . .

Trump's Red Line

By Seymour M. Hersh

[/url]

https://www.welt.de/politik...

I got sent this from an American relative, with a summary, which is below.

Seymour Hersh has published an article in which he concludes with certainty that Syria did not use chemical weapons on April 4.

This is particularly relevant in the light of Trump's announcement yesterday that Assad is preparing another chemical weapons attack - a strange announcement that apparently took senior intelligence and military officials by surprise.

Hersh says about the April attack:

1. A conventional bomb hit a store of toxic chemicals, as Russia and Syria said at the time.

2. The CIA and Pentagon knew this very well, and told Trump clearly that chemical weapons had not been used.

3. Trump went ahead anyway and blamed Assad, and insisted on responding by firing cruise missiles.

"Some American military and intelligence officials were especially distressed by the president's determination to ignore the evidence. 'None of this makes any sense,' one officer told colleagues upon learning of the decision to bomb. 'We KNOW that there was no chemical attack.'"

"To the dismay of many senior members of his national security team, Trump could not be swayed over the next 48 hours of intense briefings and decision-making."

4. The cruise missile attack was fake. The Russians and Syrians were warned in advance. Personnel and everything of value were evacuated from the airfield before the attack. Of 49 cruise missiles fired, as many as 24 missed their target. Damage was minimal, and the airfield was operating again eight hours later.

5. However, Trump's approval rating went up, and major newspapers commented on how 'presidential' he seemed.

"Some of those who had worked through the crisis, however, were left with lingering concerns. “The Salafists and jihadists got everything they wanted out of their hyped-up Syrian nerve gas ploy,” the senior adviser to the U.S. intelligence community told me, referring to the flare up of tensions between Syria, Russia and America. “The issue is, what if there’s another false flag sarin attack credited to hated Syria? Trump has upped the ante and painted himself into a corner with his decision to bomb. And do not think these guys are not planning the next faked attack. Trump will have no choice but to bomb again, and harder. He’s incapable of saying he made a mistake.”

Considering Trump's statement yesterday that Syria is preparing another chemical attack, it certainly seems that this was prophetic, and the next false flag attack is soon to be launched. Perhaps Bannon, McMaster, etc. have decided they want another war, or Trump has decided that he needs to boost his approval ratings again.

What is concerning is how readily and unquestioningly the mainstream media is going along with this narrative.

It also seems that no major US or British newspaper was prepared to publish Seymour Hersh's article. It was published in Die Welt, and so far has not even been mentioned in the English-speaking mainstream media.

This reminds me very much of the way major newspapers like the New York Times and the Washington Post went blithely along with the WMD accusations against Saddam that were used to justify the Iraq war, even though it was obvious at the time that they were false.. . .

H/T my friend Tachy.

This may well be the case, I don't think anyone knows one way or the other.

However there seems to be attempts to paint Assad as a wronged and misunderstood man, whose medical training in a Western country means he couldn't possibly be the ogre the "media" make him out to be.

I was listening to a Syrian chap on the radio the other day, telling about how he sang a simple song about how sad his country had become. He sang this at a public function in the US.

By the next day, his parents back in Syria were imprisoned and tortured. I think that one of them (his mother?) didn't survive.

I'm not saying that Assad definitely used chemical weapons on his own people, I'm just saying that he appears to be capable of doing so.