Passenger Ride around the Moon planned for late 2018

Phil Perry

Elon Musk of Space-X is saying that he expects to have a seven seat 'Autonomous' space vehicle ready for launch by late 2018, and already has TWO rather wealthy passengers who have pledged the ( Approx.) £51 million each for a ticket.

Their names have not been released. Apparently, his idea is to 'loop' the craft around the Moon in the same manner as NASA did many years back, using the Moon's gravity to slingshot the craft back on an Earth trajectory . . .

I trust that the passengers will be regular visitors to the Gym,, as if I remember correctly, the astronauts last time were subjected to a steady Nine 'G' accelleration stress all the way around the dark side. . for some time, until the Breakaway 'Burn' for the return trip. . .

The 'Autonomous' bit is interesting,. . .what if something goes a bit wonky and there's no trained pilot to sort it I wonder ? ( Rhet. )

Elon Musk of Space-X is saying that he expects to have a seven seat 'Autonomous' space vehicle ready for launch by late 2018, The 'Autonomous' bit is interesting,. . .what if something goes a bit wonky and there's no trained pilot to sort it I wonder ? ( Rhet. )

The hostess will simply ask the passengers if anyone knows how to fly a space vehicle. There's sure to be a washed out NASA astronaut on board who will overcome his flying phobia and save the day.

Gee. That sounds like a good plot for a film. Good title would be "Spaceport"

OME

The hostess will simply ask the passengers if anyone knows how to fly a space vehicle. There's sure to be a washed out NASA astronaut on board who will overcome his flying phobia and save the day.

Gee. That sounds like a good plot for a film. Good title would be "Spaceport"

OME

OR. . . .'Lost in Space' ? ? . . . don't think for a moment that I am not wishing them Bon Chance with this project. . . but no flight Crew ?. . SpaceX must be pretty confident about their AutoNaut systems. . . if you're gonna kill passengers, best hope they're poor plebs, . . not multi-millionaires with expensive lawyers. .