Telstra Mobile network DOWN in Victoria

Guest davidh10

Guest davidh10

It was ok at midnight. It was down at 06:45 this morning when I was trying to check news and weather on my phone. It is still down as I write this post.

During the day the signal has been coming and going, but no ability to make or receive phone calls or Internet access (data). This evening, some SMS messages have got through to indicate that I have a voicemail, however that is an ever so slight improvement over no communication at all, however SMS outgoing does not seem to be working.

Yes, I did check another phone. My wife's phone is also afflicted.

When I called Telstra, I was informed that there is a major outage covering Victoria!

Holy toledo, Batman.... there's going to be a hell of a lot of unhappy customers. I know I am.

Guest davidh10

Thanks David.

It is still definitely in trouble in Yarrawonga (Vic). Perhaps is it just local.

I'll call Telstra again this morning. Maybe their call centre in the Phillipines does not know the difference between Yarrawonga and Victoria... That's what you get when you outsource your customer service!

SMS appears to get through eventually (so there must be some very brief connectivity between retries), but voice calls either in or out just do not work and of course no internet (data) access.

Guest Howard Hughes
there's going to be a hell of a lot of unhappy customers. I know I am.

Pointless getting upset, it's not like you can change to another company with better service!

Telstra 3G via satellite from WA Goldfields area to Melbourne switching point has had more ups and downs than a 16 hr "prono" flick over the last couple of days. Not sure if it's our equipment or Telstra Vic.

Guest davidh10

Network up again this evening. Yay!

Another local customer was advised that it was due to upgrading the Yarrawonga tower to 4G.

So, not only do we not get any warning of a major outage, but they can't even get their message right through support.

Not impressed, but like was said, there isn't a viable alternative.