Can't get Uber this...

old man emu

Trawling through the Work, Health and Safety Regulations for want of better entertainment, I came across these nuggets relating to food delivery companies and riders. 

184R   Duty to provide food delivery induction training

A food delivery booking provider must ensure food delivery induction training is provided to a food delivery rider engaged by the provider to deliver food or drink.

184U   Duties of food delivery riders

(1)  A food delivery rider must, while delivering food or drink, make the training verification record issued to the food delivery rider available for inspection by an inspector or a police officer.

(2)  A food delivery rider must, while delivering food or drink, use or wear high-vis personal protective equipment.

However these regulations only apply to delivery persons using a bicycle or motor bike. If they do it in a car, none of this seems to apply.

• Informative 1

Over here I have seen a couple of mopeds and their riders grace themselves over the left fenders and side of the bonnets as they try to uundercut left turning cars. I feel sorry for them because they are (over here) on a paltry price per delivery and need to get a heap done to earn a wage that almost allows them to exist.

• Sad 1