Advice on type of Saw to use

Jerry_Atrick

The railways are not buying wooden sleepers so much now. The concrete ones would be made to a set specification that included strength as well as dimensions. Concrete sleepers have the advantage s of being resistant to fire and the assaults of all those minute beasties that like to dine on wood. There is still a big market for sleeper-sized slabs of wood in the landscaping trade.

Bit of an update...

I hand trimmed/sawed a Laurel hedge and took SWMBO for a walk around the yards to show how much crap we actually have. She finally agreed and we are getting a shredder/muclher thingy and someone qualified to operate it... anything that can fit in it is being chipped and taken away... anything that doesn't, they will saw for firewood. Cheaper than a new Stihl chansaw, too.. Result... (my brow was sweating more convincing SWMBO than the 10 hours or so I was trimming the Laurel).

Still going to look at the Stihl handheld pruning saw as the multi-tool is great for trees, but not much chop for bushes, shrubs and hedges that had been left neglected for about 20 years...