Outstanding speech

fly_tornado

Did we all enjoy the words of our new PM? Media seems very happy with Kevin 2.0

I like how Rudd and the faceless men are crafting the election into a choice between ALP optimism or LNP negativity. Even though Rudd was/is a hopeless PM he is an outstanding politician.

I am, without apology, an optimist about our nation's future.

Our national strengths are formidable.

Our weaknesses, compared with the rest of the world, are few.

And, if our policy settings are right, the challenges we face for the future are entirely manageable.

My optimism therefore is not based on some sort of feel-good factor.

Instead it is based on a cold, hard analysis of the facts – including our ability to manage change when change is necessary.

And the core fact is this: Australia is seen around the world as one of the strongest economies, one of the most stable societies, as well as a nation underpinned by a robust national security.

For these reasons, it is just plain wrong for anybody in our national political debate to be talking Australia down.

Of course, there are things we need to reform.

The process of reform is never-ending.

I dunno what Kevy was trying to do when he posted a photo of himself showing that he cut himself shaving. It was a bit strange. It's like "Look at me everybody, I am useless with a razor "

Its part of Rudd creating a persona as well meaning but a bit incompetent/easy to get along with/one of the blokes to contrast against MRabbit's win at any cost/being a total bastard/destroying the country if I lose again persona.

How many times have you heard that Australian's are sick and tired of politicians? I bet you laughed @ the picture.

Its part of Rudd creating a persona as well meaning but a bit incompetent/easy to get along with/one of the blokes to contrast against MRabbit's win at any cost/being a total bastard/destroying the country if I lose again persona.

How many times have you heard that Australian's are sick and tired of politicians? I bet you laughed @ the picture.

But Ruddy isn't easy to get along with. Ask some of the people who worked for him last time he was PM. They hate his guts.

Kevin07, the Workaholic PM, now Kevin2.0: cuts his face shaving. The bogans are lapping this up, have you seen MRabbits approval rating lately?

Hard to see the LNP sweeping to victory.

You forgot the Kevin "I am hardly here in Australia" Rudd. I see that old mate is off to Papua New Guinea this weekend. Jeez, he has only been back as PM for 5 minutes and he has already gone to Indonesia last week and now PNG this weekend. He was hardly here last time he was PM . At least Julia hung around.

Is he the PM or the Foreign minister. A bit hard to tell with Ruddy.spacer.png

I would hope that people would vote for who they feel is the best party, not the leader of that party. Actually they should be voting for who they feel is the best person in their electorate.

PS- I reckon 34 Sqn would be pretty pissed off that they are carting him around all over the planet. The didn't have a good relationship last time he was PM. He has been known to treat them like crap like he has done to his own staff.

Well thats the problem Dazza they don't...80% of the population cant think for themselves and are really sheep just following what their parents or friends say....not many people now think for themselves...the govt and all governments are to blame be it labour or liberal. They have been legislating in a way that makes everyone NOT responsible for their own actions because it is always someone elses fault and the scumbag ambulance chasers have taken this and run with it. A good example is if I was walking down the footpath and tripped over a lump in the ground it would be my own stupid fault for not looking where I was walking...but no now I can sue the council because it was all their fault that that lump in the ground appeared...all this crap really pisses me off.

30% vote for LNP, 30% vote for the ALP, the 40% vote either way but the swing seats control the election. I doubt any LNP supporter has read Tony's Book Battlelines

6 Jan 2012 TAbbott competes in Pier to Pub swim in Lorne, claims $349 in travel allowance + $1095 flights to Melb

21 April 2012 TAbbott competes in Hervey Bay Surf Lifesaving Pier to Pub swim, claims $349 travel allowance + $2023 flights

5 August 2012 TAbbott competes in Coffs Coast Cycle Challenge, claims $349 travel allowance for Coffs on 4 August + $650 flights

9 Sept 2012 TAbbott competes in Wagga ‘Lake to Lagoon’ fun run, claims $354 travel allowance on 8 Sept & $160 for flights

Dec 2012 TAbbott the trucker drives rig down Pacific Hway, claims $1108 in travel allowance for staying 3 nights in Brisbane, Coffs & Terrigal

TAbbott claimed $9600 for charter travel to/from Aurukun Mission when he volunteered there in 2012

TAbbott claimed travel allowance when he volunteered at Aurukun in 2012

TAbbott claimed $1700 in travel allowance for his volunteer work as truancy assistant in Aurukun in 2009

TAbbott claimed travel allowance for his volunteer work as builders labourer in Hopevale in 2011