New Years Resolutions 2012/2013

Admin

I am sure we all have some resolutions left over from last year that seam to stay on our list and keep rolling over and over each year...I know I do. But here are my New Year's Resolutions...what's yours?

1. Redo this site into an even more incredible resource for everyone

2. Increase the user membership here by 20%

3. Lose 17kg to end up at 90kg

4. Go on a family holiday to Qld

5. Reduce Credit Card debt (remove wife...carry over resolution!)

6. Fix the house up

7. FLY!

Loose the last 10kg to get down to 90kg.

Achieve solo and get my certification. Do you think if i aim to have it done by Christmas, thats achievable? Lol.

Complete passenger endorsement.

Complete xc endorsement.

Have a great year flying and exploring and meeting you blokes around the traps.

Aviation-wise: make meaningful progress towards my cert/pax/xc. I no longer set time goals on this, i mean i thought i'd solo by the end of 2011.. .nope... and surely sometime within 2012... nope (ain't gonna happen today).

Life-wise: make meaningful progress towards unlatching from the Great Teat of corporate thralldom before I am too old to want any better for myself.

will it happen??? watch this space!!!

Aviation-wise: make meaningful progress towards my cert/pax/xc. I no longer set time goals on this, i mean i thought i'd solo by the end of 2011.. .nope... and surely sometime within 2012... nope (ain't gonna happen today).

Life-wise: make meaningful progress towards unlatching from the Great Teat of corporate thralldom before I am too old to want any better for myself.

will it happen??? watch this space!!!

The most useful step towards freeing yourself from corporate serfdom, is getting out from under the mortgage. Once you can accomplish that, all else is possible. Some years ago we downsized and in doing so banished the mortgage. That move allowed me to retire at 55 and it was astonishing how much disposabe income we suddenly had available (my wife still works, by choice).

agreed... well, we don't have a mortgage because we are renting. Moving from the US to Sydney, while we find the pricing of comparable housing to be 4-6x greater, oddly enough our salaries aren't... And I just can't see getting ourselves in THAT level of debt. Come to think of it, I see all of these planes for sale for 75-100K, and I wonder what is it that everyone does for a living that they can afford that just for recreational purposes.

So not sure what the best way to go about my goal is, we have various ideas for businesses we can enjoy running, and with my wife's MBA and my .... erm... nevermind...lol hopefully we can make a go of it and if not get rich, at least not feel like we are stuck in a cycle of doing nothing that matters to anyone (other than the Man)

agreed... well, we don't have a mortgage because we are renting. Moving from the US to Sydney, while we find the pricing of comparable housing to be 4-6x greater, oddly enough our salaries aren't... And I just can't see getting ourselves in THAT level of debt. Come to think of it, I see all of these planes for sale for 75-100K, and I wonder what is it that everyone does for a living that they can afford that just for recreational purposes.

So not sure what the best way to go about my goal is, we have various ideas for businesses we can enjoy running, and with my wife's MBA and my .... erm... nevermind...lol hopefully we can make a go of it and if not get rich, at least not feel like we are stuck in a cycle of doing nothing that matters to anyone (other than the Man)

Hmmm, moving from the US, are you American, or are you returning from there?

I was born in the US, but have lived here longer than I lived there. I came here at 15.

BTW, you probably already sussed that Sinney is POISONOUSLY expensive. Brissy, where I live runs a very close second these days.

I'm half/half - the larger part of my family is actually here and true blue Aussie.. i've been back and forth but most time spent in the US. We decided to move here a few years ago, but realistically will have to get far, far away from Sydney to actually make it work. Not that that is much loss, its hard to fly around here anyway haha. We really love Tassie, and could probably afford to make a go of it down there. But... one step at a time.... we are more or less debt free at the moment, but of course the rent is a huge portion of our expenses.

I'm half/half - the larger part of my family is actually here and true blue Aussie.. i've been back and forth but most time spent in the US. We decided to move here a few years ago, but realistically will have to get far, far away from Sydney to actually make it work. Not that that is much loss, its hard to fly around here anyway haha. We really love Tassie, and could probably afford to make a go of it down there. But... one step at a time.... we are more or less debt free at the moment, but of course the rent is a huge portion of our expenses.

Yeah, rent is a real drain. Let me know if you're heading up this way, we'll have a cuppa.

I don't have NY resolutions - just an on-going project list.

1. Sort out & stow his junk so I can find the house

2. Repair the house before it falls down

3. Get a hangar closer to home

4. Finish the refurbishment of my plane - so we can fly it

5. Re-rig his little plane - so we can fly it

6. Fly something rather than just work on it

7. Actually FLY to a fly-in (we had to drive the last 5 years)

8. Reduce the To Do list to less than 8 pages

9. Find some time to relax

10. Lose some weight so we can carry more fuel

Happy New Year to my fellow Forumites. spacer.png spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Sue

"Admin" said:

am sure we all have some resolutions left over from last year that seam to stay on our list and keep rolling over and over each year...I know I do. But here are my New Year's Resolutions...what's yours?

1. Redo this site into an even more incredible resource for everyone

Put up a no holes barred [free from prosecution] gripe page so some more truths can come out.

2. Increase the user membership here by 20%

Besides having lot's of free give aways, as above

3. Lose 17kg to end up at 90kg

Do no. 6 yourself

4. 4. Go on a family holiday to Qld

Go, and leave us in charge:evil grin:

5. Reduce Credit Card debt (remove wife...carry over resolution!)

Who cares-spend big now and deal with the finance collectors after you kick the bucket.

6. Fix the house up

You mean, knock down a few walls to build or hanger a plane.

7. FLY!

Do it as if there was no tomorrow