Melodic Low Flying ?

Phil Perry

Hey Phil, can you fix the link as you can't click it and I am to lazy to copy and paste it spacer.png

OOPS,. . .sorry Robs,. . . .didn't chec after posting ANYWAY. . .since our "Desky" has sorted it I don't need to bother tee hee ( thank you Sir ) AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. . .

[ATTACH]47800._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Phil X X X X X X .

FRANKINSTEIN.thumb.jpg.fac550556eb3a6e581daf46a456bcf9a.jpg

OOPS,. . .sorry Robs,. . . .didn't chec after posting ANYWAY. . .since our "Desky" has sorted it I don't need to bother tee hee ( thank you Sir ) AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. . .

[ATTACH=full]40039[/ATTACH]

Phil X X X X X X .

I will forgive you just this once spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't realise Stills was such a good guitarist. Some sort of open tuning.

There are several ways of tuning a bog standard six stringer, early" bottleneckers" did, and still do; tune the open strings to "E" . . . it doesnt take long to get used to the different tuning in between slidey bits, others use a spare guitar for this purpose.

I knew a bloke in a band years ago who had his top 4 strings tuned like a Banjo ? . . .couldn't see the point in that but he said he was self taught and that's the way it was tuned when he bought it from the secondhand shop, and that his dog wan't dead either. . .

My mad mate Stevie has a banjo made by an old enthusiast ( made seven altogether ) using unusual parts, I have some photos of that somewhere it looks terrific actually, and plays beautifully. . . it has has cocktail sticks taken from the old Queen Elizabeth, numerous other odd parts. including the base of the circular body, made with a large alloy ring allegedly from a concorde engine BUT. . . . . I digress once more . . .(!)

Yes, Stillsy wasn't bad back in the Crosby, Him and Nash days mate . . .

I wonder what happened to Tommy Emmanuel's younger Brother Phil . . .? . . . .he was a bit of a rip roaring guitar banger too. . . .

There are several ways of tuning a bog standard six stringer, early" bottleneckers" did, and still do; tune the open strings to "E" . . . it doesnt take long to get used to the different tuning in between slidey bits, others use a spare guitar for this purpose.

I knew a bloke in a band years ago who had his top 4 strings tuned like a Banjo ? . . .couldn't see the point in that but he said he was self taught and that's the way it was tuned when he bought it from the secondhand shop, and that his dog wan't dead either. . .

My mad mate Stevie has a banjo made by an old enthusiast ( made seven altogether ) using unusual parts, ie, this one has cocktail sticks taken from the old Queen Elizabeth, numerous other odd parts. including the base of the circular body, made with a large alloy ring allegedly from a concorde engine bit I digress once more . . .(!)

Yes, Stillsy wasn't bad back in the Crosby, Him and Nash days mate . . .

I wonder what happened to Tommy Emmanuel's younger Brother Phil . . .? . . . .he was a bit of a rip roaring guitar banger too. . . .

I found another video on youtube and you can see and hear that it is just drop D. Nice playing though and I think I'll have a go at it. Phil is still around although I don't know who he is playing with these days.

I foolishly allowed myself to get talked into selling my 2006 anniversary edition Fender Strat, black, with maple fingerboard, five position pickup selector switch and uprated internal RF proof wiring . . . .I may well go and buy it back. . . best action on any axe I've ever had. . . foolish thing to do that was,. . .didn't need the dollars either !

Ah well,. . . .enuf of this guitarspeak, we'll bore everyone to death mate. . . .

The cheese 'N' kisses wants me to get rid of the empty bottles from last night's party. . .

Better get on with it or I'll have to cook me own steak & eggs for brekky. . . .

[ATTACH]47810._xfImport[/ATTACH]

Bottles.jpg.5ba7a6b7ab0a98b020a73a9c612b9900.jpg

Oh allright, I'll bite again then. . . . Nice machine that, mine was a Mexican, I sold my good, early 1960s yankystrat for the miserable sum of $200. . .in melbourne back in 1974. . . arrrrghhh wish I'd kept that, could have swapped it for a motorhome nowadays mate. . .

I've been trying to wrench a black / maple telecaster from Stevie, but the barstard wants £250 for it. . .! Set up well and plays really nicely. . .bit of a C&W machine though, not as raw and evil as the noises I could get out of the Strattty. . . whereas both my Gibboes just sound like Gibboes,. . .strats are capable of a wider range of tones ( IMHO ) tin hat on. . . ( I play "Dry" BTW,. . .can't abide a stage full of bloody pedals . . .)

The aforementioned mate Steve, who plays in a Free / Bad Company tribute act called "Merchants of Cool" has a Steve Vai special Kramer, made in 1971 to Vai's own spec, looks very "Strattish" if you have not seen one, and the weird blueish paintwork and graphics are called "Bent Pipes" also designed by Vai,. . .the story is that he stayed all night at the guitar factory to oversee the building and painting of the thing. .. uses Gibbo double humbucker pickups.

Steve is trying to value it, but it's so rare that no pictures can be found on the Kramer sites. . . .interesting tool, still plays very well, set up by the infamous Kenny Bowden in the UK, he has a similar reputation to Merv. Cargill ( if he's still alive ) from Melbourne. . .

*** EDIT *** the missus just called me a liar,. . .she said "What about that pedal thing I bought you years ago ? " Yeah, OK, It was a chorus, . .. I used that a few times when our other guitar banger left the band, just to "fill out" the sound a bit. . . . problem was he was the lead singer as well, I do harmonies, but cannot sing and play fiddly bits at the same time. . . ( now be honest Phil. . .you just can't. . .SING. . .at all. . . . )