Move over GoPro, Lily is here

Must admit it would be rather a tight circuit to stay in range while flying ... it does 40kph and must stay within 30m of the tracker ... but very cool ... now who has an old Lazair hanging around - its slow enough ;-)

There are a few quadcopters out that already have this technology, they have certainly come a long way in the last few years.

Also I saw an add for a phone holder that does the same thing only the person doesn't have to hold a tracking device it worked of optical tracking.

Maybe there would be a market for a petrol powered version or even better a hybrid petrol/electric that could get along at racecar speeds:thumb up: Think of a lead camera for the likes of a v8 or formula one race:thumb up: Now that would be a cool perspective.

(Small turbines are getting around a bit more now too:wink:)

still a kickstarter project, a long way to go yet, others have promised the same and failed so far....

Maybe, but there are already companies out there selling similar working products. I'll see if I can find the one I was looking at the other day.

Still going to need a certificate to fly them if you want to use the footage for ANY commercial gain.

Also, the locations of the flights will need to be IAW casr 101. So not within 30 meters of people,buildings or vehicles. Not within 3 miles of airfields and HLA's.. Not over populous areas etc.. An awesome bit of tech, but still regulated by casa. :(

My son in law works as an Architect for a Brisbane firm , they have paid for all of his "tickets" to commercially operate the drone ,

He does a lot of work in PNG ,

Handy tool , good fun to he recons !

We are all quite envious of him !