Toothbrush and Shaver

Admin

I have sat back over the years watching tv ads for new super duper toothbrushes and shavers and always asking the question how marketing is telling us that our previous toothbrush or shaver can be improved. I mean at what point do they stop, throw another blade in a shaver, WOW a 2 blade shaver is better because the first blade pulls the up and the following blade cuts it, now 5 blades are even better. The new toothbrush is designed to get in between teeth but the next new one gets in between teeth and has a specially shaped bristle.

When do they stop and have the perfect shaver or toothbrush because there is only so much you can do with these...until now

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/17/oral-b-pro-7000-smartseries-with-bluetooth-review/#mcyIEw:Ayp

I have been thinking about that rot for ages.

When it is all said and done it is only entertainment value for the ones who do not think ahead and reason. When we think and reason it is complete dribble.

The working drawings belonging to those adds they are the most convincing art work ever, just think about it for a while when does the ball starts rolling.

We can not just pluck things out of the air and they just start working magically.

Quite simple when the toothbrush is shaggy you get a new one, when the razor is blunt you get a sharp one - I must add do not get one which is like a plough.

Regards

KP..

I used to laugh at the possible concept of a toothbrush with a hinge, until they invented a toothbrush with a "flexible head".spacer.png

Now, a toothbrush with Bluetooth??? We really don't have much more we can milk out of optimistic marketing, surely?

Put that with the new electric kettle that messages you when it's boiled......

I have sat back over the years watching tv ads for new super duper toothbrushes and shavers and always asking the question how marketing is telling us that our previous toothbrush or shaver can be improved.

Never watch TV and don't own one so never seen the ads. Internet (with ad-block) works for me.

Used to use a Braun electric toothbrush but now Dr Tung's Ionic brush, doesn't look as funky but works well, needs no power outlet, does no damage & is much cheaper (sounds like an ad no?). Also used to visit Australian dentists, what an awful rip-off that was...

If you remember years ago there was an advert with a dentist brushing his teeth and the voice over said "This is ???, a dentist so we can't show you his face...", well that was actually a teacher at my children's school who acted in commercials on the side

Guest Andys@coffs

When you get to the stage that the item you are buying has as its cost base 95% advertising and 5% actual cost of manufacture then its time to just buy the Black and white cheapass version.......Its my view that advertising doesn't make the world go round rather I view them in the same loving way one might view say an intestinal parasitic worm........

Andy