Robin Olds

willedoo

A life size bronze of Robin Olds will be dedicated later this year at the United States Air Force Academy. The sculptor did an amazing job; very detailed and life like. It portrays then Colonel Robin Olds wearing his Vietnam flight gear. Better explained by this facebook quote from his daughter Christina Olds. I can highly recommend her book 'Fighter Pilot; Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds'.

Christina Olds:

'In 2011, the United States Air Force Academy Class of 1971 voted to create as their class gift a memorial on the grounds of USAFA honoring all who have flown in harm’s way and those who support them. Also intended to memorialize the first 100 years of aerial combat, the class chose fighter pilot Brig. Gen. Robin Olds as a proxy for all air warriors, as an outstanding example of courage, skill and leadership. Over the past ten years the class has raised money to construct a memorial right inside the North Gate entrance of the Academy. Many years of planning and obtaining permissions has resulted in a stunning life-size bronze of Robin Olds in his flight suit and full Vietnam-era mustache, by renowned sculptor James Nance. There will be a dedication ceremony open to the public on the afternoon of Friday, October 1st, 2021, the class’s 50th reunion. If you’re in the area, please plan to attend. I will be in attendance, along with my daughter Jennifer, Robin’s only grandchild. It’s sure to be an unforgettable event! More details will follow later.'

Robin Olds.jpg

• Like 2