Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Only dyed int he woolk believers would invite Trump to speak at their wedding... unless they wanted a comedy show, I guess.

@Marty_d - SFM has done OK by not doing anything. I do recall he was going to bring the Commonwealth of Australia as a co-plaintiff of, wasit Palmer, to try and froce WA to open its borders until it was plain to everyone that it was a bad idea, and a doctor I know didn't have terribly kind words of the dithering the federal government did with respect to the vaccine roll out, which was being orchestrated apparenlty  by SFM. From here, it seems the premiers deserve the credit and criticism where due, for the handling of the pandemic.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Only dyed int he woolk believers would invite Trump to speak at their wedding... unless they wanted a comedy show, I guess.

@Marty_d - SFM has done OK by not doing anything. I do recall he was going to bring the Commonwealth of Australia as a co-plaintiff of, wasit Palmer, to try and froce WA to open its borders until it was plain to everyone that it was a bad idea, and a doctor I know didn't have terribly kind words of the dithering the federal government did with respect to the vaccine roll out, which was being orchestrated apparenlty  by SFM. From here, it seems the premiers deserve the credit and criticism where due, for the handling of the pandemic.

True, and I'm not SfM's fanboy by any stretch of the imagination.  However the messaging (apart from some hiccups where they became worried about economics) has been pretty consistent about respecting and following the science.  Then there was JobKeeper/JobSeeker increase which for a conservative government was a huge step (in the right direction).

All I'm saying is, look at the Australian federal response as opposed to comparable western governments.  UK despite their excellent efforts with vaccination still have thousands of new cases every day.  Over here we are stamping on clusters of 8 with citywide lockdowns.

• Like 1

I wasn't attempting to suggest BoJo was any better... In fact, in a way, much worse, because it was on his popularity the Conservatives got a huge majority in parliament and he wasn't willing to test that when the crusty conservatives threatened a back bench revolt while Labour were behind him and would have still secured a majority with respect to handling the pandemic. He chose politics over leadership.. and has many 10s of thousands of deaths on his hands (ultimately, not all of them could be put down to poor leadership).

I just wanted to make the point that the lip service he has provided is not borne out by his actions - but by the state premiers - or thinking about it - probably more accurately, the states' CMOs.

• 3 months later...

Donald wanted to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out. Walls work. Jimmy Carr said he visited the Great Wall of China, and there were no Mexicans to be seen.

• Haha 3