Damn this weather

It has been two months since Red started this thread, and that was in response to the lousy weather preceding that date. I am getting heartily sick of waking up every morning to grey skies. I don't mind if it is raining, but cloudy skies with only high humidity are an attack on the psyche. I doubt if even moving west of the mountains will give any release.

• Informative 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had concrete tiles on our roof with occasional hard-to-find leaks.  I ripped them off 10 years, replaced with Colorbond, not a drip since.  It just makes sense to have a roofing cover of overlapped

My wise grandma once told me 'A man only chases a woman until she catches him.'

Ceiling insulation tends to cut down the noise a bit.  We love the sound of rain on the roof though.  (Which is good, because we're in Tassie.)   Truly got all 4 seasons in one day today.  S

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, old man emu said:

It has been two months since Red started this thread, and that was in response to the lousy weather preceding that date. I am getting heartily sick of waking up every morning to grey skies. I don't mind if it is raining, but cloudy skies with only high humidity are an attack on the psyche. I doubt if even moving west of the mountains will give any release.

We moved west of the mountains in mid NSW forty years ago to escape coastal humidity. 

This last couple of years the weather has been crazy; most days it reminds me of Cairns. I tend to work hard for an hour, then hang my saturated work clothes in the sun to dry and go inside to cool off. A couple of times my wife has opened the door to surprise visitors and there I am in my shorts, with some strange woman between me and my clothes!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, onetrack said:

When I was young, you had to be careful about being snared by the "hairy lariat".

Not quite sure the same saying could apply to today's youth - pubic hair is so 1970's.

Edited by Marty_d
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1